AUMED a.s. is involved in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic. In cooperation with Protean s.r.o. and Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine, AUMED a.s. launched a modern diagnostics of SARS-CoV-2 virus under the name AUMED test RT-LAMP Assay SARS-CoV-2. It is a diagnostic using the RT – LAMP Assay method. The test uses the so-called LAMP reaction, which is isothermal amplification of nucleic acids. Unlike the polymerase chain reaction (PCR, qPCR), in which the reaction is performed using temperature cycles, isothermal amplification is performed at a constant temperature so there is no require for any expensive equipment. The results are reliably read based on the color change with the naked eye.
WHY LAMP REACTION?
Molecular amplification technique RT-LAMP (Reverse transcription – Loop mediated isothermal amplification) allows the amplification of nucleic acids with high specificity, efficiency and speed under isothermal conditions – i.e. at a constant temperature, achievable in incubators, hybridization ovens or dryers.
Main advantages of AUMED test RT – LAMP Assay SARS-CoV-2:
• No need for expensive laboratory equipment – can be performed in any laboratory, no PCR cycler required.
• Results are available within one hour – the possibility of reading with the naked eye.
• Hundreds of samples can be analyzed at once.
• Reduced costs compared to conventional PCR tests with the same sensitivity and reliability.
• The entire test can be performed in a small or mobile laboratory, possibly connected directly to the sampling site.
• Ideal solution for airport terminals, large companies, border crossings, homes for the elderly…
• The use of natural amplification enzymes guarantees high reliability of the test results, so that even if the incubation time is accidentally exceeded, false positive results do not occur. Competitive LAMP assays that use genetically engineered enzymes with higher processivity suffer from this problem. These tests are slightly faster, but there is a risk of false positive results.
Information leaflet about new diagnostic kit and new sampling set in the English language can be downloaded here:
Information leaflet about new diagnostic kit and new sampling set in the Czech language can be downloaded here: